Saturday, June 21, 2008

We are HOME

Many, many apologies for leaving everyone hanging yesterday . . . .

We DID come home last night . . . it was late, but we were all together. Kate even got to bring her friend, Billi, home with her. (Jim wants credit for that joke -- for a guy that's not a joke-cracker, that was a really funny one.)

Kate's billirubin (ruben?) levels were still high late yesterday, so we are now home with her on the billi-bed. She slept on it last night, was taken back to the hospital and re-tested today, and is doing VERY well. We were able to take her on and off the bed today . . . which was just lovely because I felt like I hadn't held my baby since Thursday evening. Tomorrow we'll go back for one more round of testing, but the pediatrician seems to believe that Kate will be fine and totally billi-bed FREE by tomorrow afternoon. All in all, we are nearly over the hurdle. Man, am I glad.

I have SO much to write about . . . today was Meg's 2nd birthday (my BIG girl!), she's doing GREAT with Kate, their initial meeting was absolutely priceless (I have many pictures and so much to write about that alone), I'm tired beyond what I thought I'd be, Jim is wonderful . . .

I could go on and on. And I will -- I'll catch up -- as the week goes on.

But, for now, I'll sign off saying that it's been a wonderful first day at home with family and fabulous friends.

Happy Birthday to my girl Meg, and Welcome Home to my girl Kate. What a great day to be alive.

2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Yay...When can I bring dinner over??
Happy Birthday sweet Meg! And...welcome home Kate
Erica

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Heather!!! I had just checked your site last week and saw you were about to have Kate so I checked back in. What a wonderful birth story!! I look forward to pics of Meg and Kate together!!
Cherish