Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Creativity Leave

I only have ONE shoot left to edit. One shoot, then I'm officially on maternity leave from HD Portraits. One shoot, then I'll have time to edit my own pictures on occassion . . . time take more pictures of Meg and Kate . . . and time to relax and work on coming back to everything in the fall with a fresh, new outlook.

It's funny . . . as an 'artist' (using the term very loosely), I feel like I'm a little stale right now. I've been so focused on the end of the road, I feel like some of my sessions weren't overly creative or had the 'wow' factor. I wouldn't say I was just 'going through the motions' -- because it wasn't as bad as that -- but I don't know how much my brain can take with all the other stuff going on at our house these days. I'm all filled up with baby and basement, with no room left for creativity. I hope that the clients were satisfied with their image, and I truly do believe they were. Still, I'm hoping that the time I have off with help me clear my head and make room for the creative photographer I love being.

For your enjoyment . . . and because soon the only pictures you'll see will be of Kate and Meg . . . here are a few from my last 5 shoots.



1 comment:

Becky said...

You may not be feeling super creative, but these pics are still great!! I wish you lived closer and could be Zoey's photographer :)