Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday

Meg is much better today . . . no more episodes last night, thank goodness. She woke up relatively smiley and got a lot of spoiling today . . . which, by the day's end, caught up with us. She started to act a bit like she did after her 5 day stay with Grandaddy and Nana.

It's ok with me. When your kid is sick, you'll do anything they want to make them feel better.

Jim is bathing her right now, and we are hoping for a peacful night full of SLEEP and quiet. I sure could use some rest . . . I barely slept last night.


Aside from making Meg feel better, the only other event of the day is that I've thrown in the towel. I've given up. I wash my hands of it all. I think I'm going to be pregnant forever, and there's nothing I can do about it. Kate and I will walk around together in unison until the end of time.

So . . . maybe I'm a bit dramatic . . . throwing in the towel at 37 weeks and 6 days might be a little bit silly. I could just say we are just settling in for the long haul and skipping all the labor-inducing antics from here on out.

Like I said yesterday, everything happens for a reason. We'll figure out why Kate hung around so long some day, I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll come when she's ready! I guess she'll be late for everything. ;-)

Suzanne said...

I have to say - once I 'threw in the towel' I finally went into labor the day after.

meaning I got one good night of solid sleep - and contractions started the following morning at 7:00am.

She'll get here... and you're right - it'll end up being perfect timing.

Hang in there...

Tiffany Payment said...

You are sooo right....you are going to be pregnant FOREVER! lol

ok....not true, she will be n your arms and you will be smelling her sweet newborn skin before you know it!