Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ups and Downs

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am with some cramping . . . and I thought today was the day. I was hoping that the cramping wouldn't go away. Jim and I were both kinda excited. But, the cramping faded . . . then it came back . . . then I felt fine . . . at 6:15 I took a shower, then snoozed again for a while.

That pretty much sums up the entire day -- feeling lousy, napping, feeling OK. Today has been and up-and-down kind of day. I've pretty much felt like crap all day, spending about 75% of the day on the couch. The few times I've felt OK, we ran a couple of errands and tried to enjoy some family time.

It's been a LONG Saturday.

I wish my dad could see me. He can tell by looking at me if I don't feel good or if something is not quite right. I bet if he'd seen me today, he think my labor was pending. I will say that when I look at myself in the mirror, my freckles are out of control. And, when I look back at pictures of me when I was in labor with Meg, my freckles were ridiculous then, too. It's the hormones, I know . . . maybe they've kicked in and tomorrow will be the day.

My oldest, dear friend -- the one who is due in just about a month -- told me this evening that she felt really lousy the day before she went into labor with her second child.

Here's to hoping. If I don't have Kate this weekend, then I guess I just have a few days of feeling crappy to look forward to. It's OK, either way . . . Wednesday is just 3 days away.

No comments: