Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pulling Out All the Stops


Many of you know exactly what this is, even before I tell the story.

Yes, we are officially pulling out all the stops here . . . trying to kick Kate out of her cozy nest and because, selfishly, we are more than ready for her.
We ate at Scalini's last night . . . which, for a pregnant woman, is NOT just another restaurant. Jim had meatball lasagna, Meg enjoyed spaghetti, and I -- of course -- ate an entire serving of their famous Eggplant Parmesan. The renowned recipe that is supposed to put you into labor within 48 hours. I'm registered in their 'baby book' and -- should Kate arrive before 7:30 pm on Friday -- Kate will get her picture on the Scalini's baby wall, an honorary t-shirt, and we'll all get a free meal for the family.


I wish I could say I was in it for the t-shirt and the free meal. I'm not. Honestly, I'm just hoping it works so that we can have this baby. It's silly . . . it's superstition . . . but who cares? As my mom said, "There are just too many babies born from that meal to make it a coincidence."


It's been a week now . . . a week since the 'pack your bags' episode with Dr Graham. A week since I thought my labor would start any minute. Alas, we still only have one child. Kate rests in my tummy . . . I would say 'comfortably' . . . but I think, at this point, we are both pretty uncomfortable with our living situations.


Another doctor's appointment this afternoon. He is most likely going to be stripping the membranes with the hopes that it will help speed things along. This works for some and not for others, so I've heard . . . but let's give it a go. Maybe I'm a lucky one.


I'll give the full Dr Graham update when I return from my appointment . . . until then, think thoughts of Eggplant and Epidurals for me, please.

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Did it work???

The Fokens Family said...

Just checking in...24 hours and counting!!