Thursday, January 31, 2008

As Much as I'd Like To

As much as I’d like to think about something else today, I can’t stop thinking about our ultrasound tomorrow morning. It’s totally on my mind . . . I’m literally just trying to get through until tomorrow morning at 9:30am when we’ll enter the office and wait patiently to be called into to the dark room with the black monitor. Then some lady will pull my shirt up and jelly me down . . . all in the name of finding out as much as we can about New Baby. I can’t wait to see those little arms and legs . . . that profile . . . and, OF COURSE, whether we have a ‘hamburger’ or a ‘turtle’ down there. That’s what they told us last time – ‘hamburger’ is girl and ‘turtle’ is boy. AH, less than 24 hours now. We can make it.

As much as I’d like to run around all do errands all afternoon – Meg is happily spending the day/night with my parents, you see – I can’t just yet because I’m stuck at the house waiting for the painters. “What?” you ask. “Weren’t they supposed to start today??” Yes, indeed. But looks like they got held up, so tomorrow morning is our new start time. Even the best laid plans . . . Anyway, they are coming by sometime in the next couple of hours to do a walk-through and obtain our selected paint colors (Colors that, by the way, were SO hard for me to choose – I had to have a friend come over and help, then I stayed up until midnight on Monday hashing it all out. Must be the indecisive side of my pregnancy – I can blame it on that.). By doing that this afternoon, they can actually START first thing tomorrow morning . . . we don’t have to go through the whole rigamaroll in the AM and get started at lunch time. Okay, so I’ll sit around and wait for them.

As much as I’d like to go pick up my fabulous newly completed window treatments, the painters have totally screwed up my day and I can’t until tomorrow morning (on the way to that fab-u-lo-so dr appt). Crikey, nothing is going my way!

As much as I’d like to do my shoot today – as it turns out, the weather is FINE!!!!! – I can’t because we already rescheduled. And the lady I’m photographing is getting her hair done for the shoot, so she’s already cancelled her appointment and can no longer do it today. UGH.

As much as I’d like to poop, I can’t. I LOVE this part of pregnancy, I tell you. (TMI, sorry -- maybe one or two pregnant or formerly pregnant people out there can relate.)

And, as much as I’d like to think about something else, I can’t. Are we having a boy or a girl? Will I even make it until tomorrow??

No comments: