Monday, January 14, 2008

One Lucky Old Gal


Thanks to some very special people in my life, my birthday weekend was totally fantastic. So fantastic. The best birthday that I’ve had in a long time, honestly.

What would we do without our friends? I have so many that are so special to me . . . and I’m so glad for each of them. It’s funny how I have friends from so many areas of my life . . . high school, college, work, friends I’ve met through Jim, friends I’ve met since becoming a mom . . . all different genres of life, and all great friends to me.

I was lucky enough to see and hear from pretty much ALL of my friends this weekend – which in itself makes for a great three days, even if it wasn’t my birthday. There were friends that came to see me on Friday afternoon for a “playdate birthday extravaganza.” Friends called me all throughout the day on Friday to wish me a happy thirtieth. I had even more friends over on Saturday night for a small dinner at our house. Then, a very awesome and special friend came and surprised me on Sunday evening with a dinner-and-movie-girls-night-out. I feel so lucky to have each and every person who I saw/spoke to this weekend as a part of my life. I wouldn't be ME without THEM.

Now the dust has settled . . . it’s the 14th of January, and I think that the birthday festivities have come to an end. I have no words to describe how awesome all of it was. I was hoping that I could have a great birthday . . . I haven’t made a ‘big deal’ of my day in many many years (despite what those who have known me longest might think!) . . . but this was a big milestone birthday, so I wanted it to be great. And it was.

My very best friend of all was really at the helm of organizing ALL of the birthday merriment. Jim, I can’t thank you enough for all you did. You pulled off one hell of a weekend for me . . . and even at the last minute! Thanks, my love. I have no words to describe my feelings for you, either . . . but I think you know.

Now I forge ahead into my 30th year. It holds at least one major event – the birth of Meg’s sibling and our 2nd child. What else? Keep reading, and I guess you’ll see.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE MY BIRTHDAY SO SPECIAL!!
(Pictures are from the Friday Play Date . . . and one from the "aftermath"!)

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!
Paula and Jack

The Fokens Family said...

Umm,I'm thinking we should have helped the birthday girl clean up. I seriously thought about that as I was leaving the neighborhood.
Sorry about that! Enjoyed reading the details of your wonderful weekend & we love the picture of Miller:)