Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Forget How Much I Love it 'Til I Do It


This past weekend – following the blessed snow – I did have my first photo shoot of 2008. It was for our friends who have a little guy that just hit the big O-N-E in early January. I will admit that, after the holiday rush I had experienced in December, I found it a little hard to get myself geared up for this one . . . I was plenty ready, I just hadn’t done a shoot in nearly a month . . . so it was really just a matter of just kickin’ the horse in the sides to get her goin’. You know how it is returning to 'work' (this is hardly work for me!) after a nice long break.

Quickly I realized -- I had forgotten how much I enjoy what I do.

It certainly helps that the baby boy (or big boy, I guess) is so adorable and super smiley. He’s got the perfect little face . . . and he had a fresh, new, precious haircut to match. He is really a cute kid, so ‘shooting’ him is a breeze. Of course, his parents are great too – which helped relax me and get me in the mood for photography. They had a great space for us to use and were totally up for just about anything we tried, making my job so easy and fun.

I was able to use my new backdrop and stand, which worked out swimmingly and was a total breeze to set up/take down. Now that I’m ‘in the editing room’ I’m able to use my new actions and tricks (via Photoshop, naturally) that Jim purchased for me as holiday gifts. Breaking in the new goods is ALWAYS fun, as you know.

So, now I’m ramped and ready for a 2008 full of photographs. Send me your tired, your poor, your smiley babies . . . I can ‘shoot’ them all!!

No comments: