Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Making My List . . . Checking it Twice . . .

I'm in super fix-up-the-house mode. The holidays are over, we are happily 16 weeks along in the pregnancy, so FINALLY I can start to think about some decorating around my house. We didn't do much in the beginning -- we were too busy settling in -- and then we didn't do much because we were focused on photography, Meg (of course), baby, and holidays.

Now I have some time to spruce up the place. I can't wait to make it more presentable so that I'm not so embarrassed about the lack of decorating I've done in the 5 months we've been here!


First -- window treatments for the kitchen. Talked to a lady today, picked out fabric last week. Should have them up in the next 3 weeks-ish. I WANT them up because I'm tired of "naked" windows, but 3 weeks of waiting is doable.


Second -- basement. We've now had 2 contractors come look at our basement, and we are waiting on quotes. I can't wait to find out how much it will be and when the job can get started . . . it's going to be a really cool experience to watch the basement change into functional, liveable space. Plans are to have that done by June, but we will just have to see how it goes.

Third -- dining room furniture. This was a resounding FIRST on the list for a while, but the searching and searching for the perfect set has left Jim and I a bit weary. We are going to keep looking . . . and we will just have to wait until we find "the set" before we make the big purchase.


Fourth -- Meg and New Baby's rooms, sometime after the first week of February. That's when we'll know what if New Baby is going to be a cheerleader or a football star (I know, you can argue that either sex could be either thing . . . but you know where I'm going with this.) I have tons of grand plans -- and I've enlisted the help of friends. This will be a fun project -- I can't wait to start!


I also have many various and sundry "things" I need to do. Picture hanging, fixture fixing, errands (um, I have to admit that I have NOT YET ordered Meg's birth certificate!! That NEEDS to be done!). I made quite a list today. Becky (http://mommyisme.blogspot.com/) is motivating me to get some stuff DONE.


After I made the grand list, I put Meg down for a nap . . . and all the list-making had made me tired, so I felt like I needed to do the same.





Oh well. My list will still be there tomorrow, right?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks for the shout out on the post. I'm glad that I actually posted about progress on my list yesterday. Whew! Good luck with your list - you've got way more exciting things going on than I do!