Friday, February 1, 2008

Pairs



Good things come in pairs. Socks, shoes, pants. Chopsticks. Two scoops of raisins. ‘Double’mint gum.

And for the Dahlby’s – GIRLS.

We are having a second baby girl at our house, all set to arrive in mid-to-late June. She’s fantastic and wiggly and looks . . . well, a lot like her big sister did in HER ultrasound two years ago.

Everything went swimmingly at our appointment. Little Girl was moving like crazy – making it hard for the technician to get the shots she needed, but giving us a GREAT show at the same time. And, isn’t it typical of a 2nd born to NOT follow directions and do what you need them to do? She’s beautiful, and we are so damn excited to have a little sister for Meg.

Admittedly, I was a bit surprised by the news. I think I even said, “REALLY?” when the sex was revealed . . . but New Baby Girl was spread eagle, so there is no doubt she’s a girl. Blast that Chinese Calendar! I really was thinking boy . . . and I think that I was really HOPING boy for Jim. Jim thought girl all along . . . maybe to avoid getting his hopes up . . . so he wasn’t too surprised. He even smiled his super-smiley Jim beam, so I know he's happy.

Of course, our parents are thrilled. My dad was here at my house when I told him – the first time I’ve EVER given him any pregnancy news in person. He reacted with a “YES!” and a fist pump . . . kind of like a tennis or golf star that just made a good hit. Jim’s mom said she was thinking boy – like me – but of course two granddaughters are fantastic.

Now we must agree on a name for Baby Girl Dahlby . . . we have a few, and I have one I love . . . but we have time so we’ll mull it over for a while.

Happy to share our news – and now I’m excited to move on with planning and preparing.

A GIRL – ah, how I love PINK.

5 comments:

Becky said...

YAY!! I'm so happy that baby girl is doing great and all wiggly. Big congratulations to you, Jim and Meg!

The Fokens Family said...

Tickled PINK for you! So exciting. Now you can say the Dahlby girls when referring to your family! Lov ya!

Becky said...

Congrats! I've been wondering all day and couldn't wait to come find out what this baby was!! Yeah for PINK!!

The Cibulas said...

More pink...aren't you lucky!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Congrats on Girl #2! Isn't it great--you can reuse all your stuff!
Kelly Paynter