Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nerves

This morning, as we were out and about running errands, I couldn't think of anything to blog about today. It's just mid-week in a busy week, but nothing really blog worthy.

So, I'll blog about my nerves.

I have a shoot tomorrow -- or, at least, I have a shoot scheduled for tomorrow -- that is really making me nervous. It's my first maternity shoot. Normally, I'd be totally psyched. I have seen so many beautiful maternity portraits, and I know I can recreate many of them. But tomorrow's shoot is for a mid-thirties couple having the 5th kid, so I don't know WHAT kind of shoot they have in mind. I want to do bare-belly shots, dad kissing mom, kids kissing belly . . . but something tells me that this woman is not into that sort of thing. They are a little older, so nakedness might not be what they have in mind.

And, to top it all off, it's supposed to RAIN. Not just a little chance -- 80% chance. That really means I should reschedule . . . you know how gray your house is on a rainy day. Chances are you have lights on all day, right? I use natural light from open windows and outdoors . . . but this lady is 38 weeks (yes-- about to pop) and doesn't think she is going to make it much longer, so rescheduling will be hard. It's really NOT MY FAULT that she called me last Thursday and then took until Sunday evening to actually schedule a date with me. I don't want to compromise my artistic integrity by trying to do this shoot with my speedlight -- I want to give her good pictures. I want to reschedule, but scheduling this in the first place was really tough. Of course, she insists on weekday shoots . . . which are SO hard for me . . . and I'm booked the next 2 weekends anyway. Like I said, not really my fault she waited so long.

What should I do?

So, I'm all a ball of nerves this afternoon while I get up the nerve to call her.

I guess not all of my shoots are going to be roses and ice cream (is that even a saying? I think I just made it up).

No comments: