Friday, January 25, 2008

Incisors

First and foremost – HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM! Today is Jim’s birthday – he’s a fabulous 29 years old. It’s a big day for him in more ways than one . . . his birthday and bonus/annual review day at work. I love you, Jim . . . have a great day and I can’t wait to celebrate with a wonderful date-night tonight!

And now for the topic of the day . . .

As the title suggests, impending incisors are wreaking havoc on Talimore Circle. I’ve heard that they are bad. I’m here to tell you: they are. My poor little Meg has had a rollercoaster of a week . . . fever Tuesday, feeling great Wendesday and most of Thursday morning, then back to feverish and whiney after her Thursday afternoon (way-too-short) nap.

I just hate to even think that her little gums are so tender that they are really just pure torture in her mouth. It’s gotta be the teeth . . . she still only has 12 to date, so 8 more to go. She has a little cough which I thought was fever related . . . but other signs (such as the fantastic diaper experiences we’ve had) lead me to believe that she’s got some porcelain poppin’ through those sore gums. Poor Meg.

Last night, she 100% refused her dinner. She only picked the cheese off her sandwich at lunch. Not eating -- that’s not like her! She did force down some apple sauce before bed, but I think she really just wanted to go to bed to relieve herself from the pain. So, to bed she went, without a whimper or a whine.

Anyway, my topic might not be too exciting today, but incisors are what are on my mind. I can’t wait until they are here and my little Meg can get back to her smiley-self. I miss her smiles terribly – but not nearly as much as she misses her own painless grin.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!

Feel better, Meg. It will be worth it once those pointers pop through!