Monday, January 28, 2008

The Week Begins


It all starts today, January 28th,2008 (Happy Birthday Kristy!!). Construction on 3236 Talimore . . . the basement finishing project. Oh, yeah . . . and we are having our upstairs bedrooms painted mid-week, too. And Friday we find out if we are having a boy or a girl . . . it’s a very wild week at our house!

I think I’ve mentioned our desire and NEED to finish our full basement, but I know I haven’t gone into much detail because there really weren’t too many details to tell. Over the past month, we’ve hired a contractor, agreed on a drawing, cleaned the whole basement, and are ready for the job to begin. Our contractor, Aaron of Aaron Enterprises (thanks again Paula for the recommendation!) was here this morning with his two sons . . . they took a good look at the basement – complemented us on our cleaning job – and will now spend the next day or so getting their gear together to REALLY start the job.

Here is what Aaron has drawn out – to give you an idea. It’s basically a bedroom, full bath, playroom, and media room . . . plus an unfinished area for storage/Jim’s tools.



Of course, I’m taking pictures all along the way to monitor the progress . . . here are a couple of our bare, unstubbed, boring, cold basement.






When the framing is up, I’ll post more photos . . . and, of course, I’ll keep you posted on how the job is going. We chose a contractor that does a lot of the work himself (including all the cabinetry, which is fantastic) . . . so it takes a bit longer. We are hoping for completion in May.

And, as for the upstairs . . . we decided to have our Master, the nursery/Meg’s future room, our hall bath, and the upstairs playroom all painted at the same time. Basically, every bedroom in the house minus Meg's – which I have already painted. That whole painting idea came up because we hung curtains in our Master and then I decided the wall colors definitely needed a change . . . and hey, while we’re at it, let’s just have the painters come and do everything, right? Seriously though, the master and the front bedroom (which will either be a nursery OR Meg’s new bedroom, depending on how Friday goes) both have vaulted ceilings, and who really wants to paint that?? The bathroom was just an add on . . . and the painters offered a discount to do ALL the rooms, so basically the playroom is being done for $40.00. Ahhhh (sigh) . . . I'm so anxious to see everything upstairs freshly painted and ready to decorate!

As for Friday’s big baby news . . . nobody around here can wait. I’m so excited, I can’t stand it. Jim is really hoping for that boy. My dad keeps telling me HE can’t wait. And – the poor painters – they are on pins and needles because I have to call them Friday morning with the go-ahead on which color they’ll be using for that front bedroom!

It’s a busy week around here. Throw in music class, lunch in Atlanta, a trip to the Children’s Museum, coffee with friends, and a trip to drop Meg at my parents in Newnan, a rare mid-week photo shoot . . . and it’s really more than I think I can do!

Hope you are having a great start to your week . . . and keep checking in for all the activities going on around here.

Meg on Sunday Evening . . . she is wearing my headband, which she took OFF my head and put on hers. I love her little smile and her goofy attire!

4 comments:

The Cibulas said...

I cant wait for the Friday news! Oh yea, are they doing the painting too?

Heather Dahlby said...

No -- we are using Larimers for the painting because we started that before we 'signed' with Aaron. It's probably better, anyway -- that way the painting is done now and I can get to preparing a nursery :)

Becky said...

What a week! So many fun, happy things happening in your life.

Meg looks so grown up in that photo. I don't know if it's the headband or the look on her face, but she looks like a little lady.

Now to make sure Doug doesn't see the plans for the basement with that media room.... ;)

The Cibulas said...

Good thinking!