Sunday, January 6, 2008

We Should Stay Away from Phipps Plaza

Matching -- or at least coordinating -- outfits for our kids. Yes, it might be silly. Yes, it can be a bit much. But I don't care. It's cute, it only lasts for a short period of time, and I'm totally doing it.

Exhibit 1:

Purchased today while shopping at Hanna Andersson . . . on sale, of course. Still too expensive really to be reasonable, but I don't think I'll regret it for one second next December when I have them both dressed in these darling jammies. Best part: works for boy OR girl! How could I resist??

And, speaking of too expensive, I did get some new jeans today. Ahhhh - a sigh of relief goes up in the crowd. Seriously though, I needed something to help make me feel a bit better about myself and my size right now. The funniest part is that when I was trying them on, I felt like I'd found ME again. The jeans fit right -- so I didn't look silly or like I'm wearing clothes that are ridiculously too big. I looked in the dressing room mirror and said to myself, "Oh, HI. THERE you are. I've missed you." I felt good. (Thanks, Jim.)

Tomorrow we are off to visit Grandaddy and Grandma so that I don't have to watch the National Championship game all by my lonesome . . . Jim's traveling, so I need a football companion, and my dad fits the bill. Meg actually got a new Georgia outfit today, so she'll wear that for our trip (she doesn't know that UGA isn't going to be on!). My dad loves to see her in anything Georgia . . . he'll love her new digs. And, of course, I'll wear my new jeans.

Everyone is wearing new clothes tomorrow . . . too much shopping for one Sunday, I guess. But these jammies, they are going in the closet until Christmas . . . and I can't wait to bust them out again in 12 months.

No comments: