Thursday, February 26, 2009

When You Wish Upon a Star . . .

I'm done. We could leave here today, and the memories we made yesterday would be enough to carry me through . . . for a really long time.



The flight was no problem at all. 30 minutes late b/c it took them forever to turn the plane around and get us ready to go, but the girls hung in there and were fantastic for me.



We arrived, then napped (oh! such good girls we have!) and Jim grocery shopped. By 4:30 yesterday afternoon, we were at The Magic Kingdom. Both Jim and I were so ridiculously excited, we pretty much ran -- with the double stroller -- into the park. We didn't stop for a map or a 'times guide' of events -- we just could not wait to get into the park and see how the girls reacted.

Within seconds of our arrival, we spotted Pluto.

If you've seen Meg lately, you may have heard her say, "I'm going to hug Minnie first," or "I want to give Cinderella a hug when we get to Disney World." But there was big, lovable Pluto, ready to meet park guests with only a short line to wait.

"Meg! There's Pluto! Do you want to hug Pluto first?" said her way-too-excited mother.

"I do. I want to hug Pluto first," she replied, with breathless excitement (I'm not kidding).

So we waited. I was wondering -- I've BEEN wondering -- would she do it? Would she hug a character?



She DID. 100% willingly, without hesitation. I was stoked. THIS WAS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

We walked through the castle. We rode It's a Small World and Dumbo, and we even managed to ride Pooh's ride and the kiddie roller coaster (to which Meg said, "I cried a little . . ." when it was over). We soaked in all the sights and sounds the Kingdom had to offer. And we never even left Fantasyland.

The big show came later in the evening, when we waited at the 'Toon Town Hall of Fame' to meet the princesses. Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora . . . all in their beautiful pastel gowns for little girls to meet and greet. I knew before we walked in there, I'd probably cry. Shoot . . . I've cried just thinking of Meg's reaction to her idols. But there was that wonder -- would she be OK? Would she be frightened? Was she, in fact, too young for this trip?

Nope. She is JUST the right age. And I was crying before we even had our turn talking to each lovely lady.

Meg told Cinderella, "You can't order me to stop dreaming!"

She could not get enough of Belle's yellow dress . . . she kept stroking it and touching the flowers.

And for Aurora, Meg sang a chorus of "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream . . . " so loudly that the princesses laughed. Then kissed her on the forehead, leaving little red lips for Meg to adore in the mirror when we left the princesses behind. Aurora kissed Kate's pretty forehead, too . . . Kate just stared and smiled at all the princesses, dreaming of the day that she will walk right up to them and say, "Hello! I'm the little sister!!"

Last night was such a night to remember. I'll never forget the way Meg looked when we met Cinderella (a little shocked, totally overwhelmed, simply adorable). Taking our girls to this magical place is a dream come true for me. It's safe to say that I might be having even MORE fun than Meg and Kate.

Must run . . . and I promise to post pictures later. Today we ventured to the Animal Kingdom and met Minnie and Daisy . . . tonight is Storybook Dining with more princesses.

Disney World ROCKS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you made it safely to Disney and are having a blast!! Can't wait to see pictures! PS- I wonder if naptime tomorrow will be as easy...?

The Fokens Family said...

SO glad you're having such a good time! I can't wait to see pictures of Meg with all the princesses.Oh, and who's Aurora? I have so much catching up to do if I'm ever graced with a daughter.
~Erica

Anne said...

So glad you made it ok - keep us posted! I love you for excitement! We are all kids inside! Have fun!
Cheers