Tuesday, February 17, 2009

8 Days and Counting

Yes, another Disney post. I figure those of you who are moms out there can appreciate the massive amount of time, planning, and genuine effort that goes into the planning and preparing for 2 kids and 5 days in Orlando.




Okay . . . so about a week out . . . and I'm already packing. Please tell me I'm not the only crazy out there that starts packing this far in advance. And even if I am the only crazy that packs so early . . . well, so be it. I can't help it. I've started collecting items around the house that I know must not be forgotten. I've started counting out things we'll need . . . diapers, wipes, bibs, spoons, Kate food. The suitcases were deposited in our bedroom on Sunday, and they are serving as the collection post for these things. Clothes coming through the wash that are definites for the trip have been folded and placed in the suitcase for now . . . no need to wear them this week and then have to find them again for packing.


But, the by-far most-neurotic and OCD thing I've done . . .



If you can look closely and read the chart . . . it's a list of what the girls are going to wear each day of our trip. Each part of each day of our trip. There are some blanks -- TBDs, really -- but all the most important events are 'clothed' already. I know it's crazy. But . . . I started thinking about what Disney gear we had and what we were doing and what we would wear . . . and my pea brain couldn't keep up. So, a list was made . . . but that wasn't clear enough . . . so I did a chart. Laugh, if you will. But it's helping me get organized and be certain that everything we need will be packed.


And that is -- of course -- not the only 'list' going. There is another chart of FVC -- fruits, veggies, cereal -- for Kate's meals. There is a list of random items to be packed . . . of other clothing items we'll need that are not on the above chart.



It's taking so much brain power to plan for this trip. But -- I swear -- my organization WILL pay off. By next Wednesday, I'll be able to get on that plane and relax, knowing that I've taken care of so much already.

Well, I say relax jokingly . . . I am still flying to Orlando by myself with both girls.






In other exciting news . . . our park tickets arrived via Fed Ex today. While we were eating lunch, there was a knock at the door . . . and it was our friendly Fed Ex guy with a package I was very much looking forward to receiving.



I ran back down the entry hall, did a grand jete across the kitchen (you know the ballet jump where your legs are spilt in the air), then landed by the kitchen table, all the while declaring, "Our Disney tickets are here!"



Meg's response, as she looked up from her turkey sandwich: "You are so silly, Mommy."



It's all coming together. Which cooler we will take to the park each day (yes, you can pack a cooler!) has been left to Jim to decide. He is also in charge of the final travel arrangements . . .figuring out how we'll get to the hotel, where we will get groceries, etc. He, too, has been planning like crazy for our vacation.

So, one week from today, the final preparations will be taking place. Everyone will get GOOD naps next Tuesday, and everyone will go to be on time or even early. Then Wednesday morning we'll head out to Disney World . . . hoping for the time of our lives.
EIGHT days and counting . . .

1 comment:

Keisha said...

You crack me up. This is why us stay-at-home moms can't work -- if it makes you feel better, I have a chart for breakfasts and lunches, just so I don't have to think -- I just rotate all the things we eat thrhough the calendar so we don't have the same thing 2 days in a row. Fab-u-lous!