Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm a Survivor

Whenever I make it through a day like today, I always think, "Well, we survived another one."

Meg and Kate both have battled the stomach flu over the past 24 hours. Kate's worst was last night, from about 10:30 - 1am. Meg was just plain pitiful this morning, only throwing up twice but boasting a 102.7 fever by 9:30am.

It's 5:30pm now, and I think we've made it over the hump. The girls are both in pretty good spirits, both have successfully kept down a little food and drink, and we are about to start our evening routine with the hopes that I can put this sickness to bed with the girls.

I've cloroxed so much today. All of Kate's toys are sparkling clean, as are many of Meg's favorites. Everyone in the house got fresh clean linens . . . the girls out of necessity and my bed because I figured I might as well while I was at it. Kate got a bath in the sink, and Meg will get a bath before bed. Maybe it's only in my head, but I feel like if it's clean around here, the girls will get better faster (and I hopefully won't get sick at all).

And while I was cleaning up, Kate watched me from various spots, generally in a good mood and happy to observe her mom busy at work. Meg watched something totally different -- in this order --

Cindrella
Tinker Bell
Peter Pan: Return to Neverland
Aladdin
Sleeping Beauty
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan

Hooray for our Disney Library.

I hope our Wednesday is much better than our Tuesday.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad the girls are doing better tonight. I saw your post at work this morning and was thinking of you today.

The Cibulas said...

Yuck! Hope you all get to feeling better around there!

Anonymous said...

Claudia has been sick too...she threw up in my hand last night...good times! :-)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who lets her kid watch TV ALL DAY when she's sick...haha...as opposed to Disney cartoons, Claudia watched: Little Einstiens, TeleTubbies, Little People and Care Bears!