Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday

We are all better today. Meg didn't eat much dinner last night, so I decided not to send her off to preschool this morning . . . but I really could have. The girl woke up bouncing off the walls. I was so relieved to find her in her bed, all smiley and chipper this morning. I sure did miss my Meg.

We stuck around the house again today, just to be sure that everyone is well.

I'm going batty, myself, after being home with sick kids for the past several days. It's totally worn me out -- the worry and the wondering when everyone was going to be OK. There is not more helpless feeling in the world than having a sick child. And it's funny how your world comes to a screeching halt when a kid is sick. Nothing was done this week, and it didn't matter a bit. Our world stopped until both Kate and Meg were back to normal.

Thank goodness we have a babysitter coming tomorrow night so that Jim and I can get out and enjoy an evening together . . . with our two healthy kids staying at home. Having that to look forward to has made me feel better . . . a light at the end of the sickness tunnel, if you will.

I certainly didn't intend on my week going this way. But, oh well. We made it through and hopefully this is the last bout with sickness for a while around here.

No comments: