Sunday, October 28, 2007

What I've Been Thinking About Lately

Just a random stream-of-consciousness about five things that have been on my mind this week.

1. Babies Babies Babies. (surprise, surprise) I guess it doesn’t help that the business I’ve started is filled with them. And friends are having them. And some friends are NOT having them, much to their dismay. And we want one.

2. HD Portraits 2008. I’m changing my pricing structure, but still giving copyright free images. I’m worried that the increase might upset some people . . . but I’m hoping that my pictures will be irresistible and worth it. I’ve had a recent call for a probable TWINS shoot. I’m holding my breath for that one – it would be fantastic. I’m also thinking about my current business quite a bit because it is keeping me SO SO busy. I’m booked through the holidays, no lie! And my new website should be launched in the next week or two. A lot is going on with HD Portraits.

3. Finishing/Decorating our house. I think we’ve come to the decision that we’ll finish upstairs FIRST, then work on the basement. Basement finishing probably will not ensue until 2009, which I think will work out fine. In the meantime, I want to get new dining room furniture, new window treatments . . . the list goes on and on.

4. Our family budget. Yep, we made one this month, for the first time ever. It’s working out OK. It’s a learning process, but we thought it would be good for us. We waste too much money. When I’ve done Weight Watchers, I always notice how much I’m NOT eating . . . the budget is like a money diet. I am noticing how much I’m NOT spending, which feels good.

5. Meg’s preschool. My friend also has her daughter there, but she’s not 100% about the teacher . . . which, naturally, makes me wonder, too. I didn’t think I’d look at any other schools for Meg for fall 2008, but now I probably will. At least look. It can’t hurt.

No comments: