Tuesday, October 2, 2007

How Long Will it Last?

Not the funk . . . I’m feeling better today. I woke up to a super smiley Meg, which always gets a day off to a good start. She was a good girl while I dressed this morning . . . she let me shower and dress without whining or pulling at my leg. So, this day is starting off better than the last few have. (Jim did kiss me goodbye at 4:30 am, though -- gone until Friday night. Boo.)

What I'm wondering is how long our morning naps are going to last. I feel that the days are numbered . . . some days, Meg skips it and stays up all the way through lunch Other days, she can barely keep her eyes open past 9:30am. According to the books, this am nap only lingers through about 18 months, if I’m the luckiest of lucky moms. “They” say that she should really start dropping this nap right about now, at 15 months.

Today, we went for a walk at 9am, played at the nearby part for about 25 minutes, then returned home. Meg promptly went to sleep upon our arrival home. But on Friday she went to school until noon, came home, ate, played, then went down at about 1:00pm. Her mood on both days has been great . . . so I’m wondering if she’ll ever really be ready to give up that nap 100%.

Maybe I should just make it a “take it if it’s convenient” nap. It sure would be nice to get up and get out of the house some days . . . run errands, meet friends, etc. Maybe if I just start doing that stuff, we’ll see that the nap fades away.

Or do I want it to fade? I do like this time I have in the morning to myself. I can shower, eat, rest, work on HD Portraits . . . whatever I want. Would 5 hours of Meg be too much for me?

Ah, the life of a SAHM. To nap or not to nap.

That’s what is on my mind this morning. Nothing exciting or thought provoking . . . just wondering what to do about our napping schedule. If you have any suggestions, I’m open to them. God knows I’m in new territory here with a toddler!

No comments: