Saturday, October 27, 2007

Halloween, So Far

First – a huge GO DAWGS – my bulldawgs pulled it out this afternoon, and I’m delirious. What a win, what a win. That must be my first and foremost thought for this blog. It’s great to be a Georgia Bulldawg!

And now on to the topic of the hour . . . Halloween, so far.

I say “so far” because it’s still 4 days away, and Meg has already been ‘costumized’ 3 times. We had a Halloween playdate on Thursday, a day full of Halloween at school on Friday, and our neighborhood Halloween party this afternoon. All of which have been a lot of fun. Meg has enjoyed dawning her Halloween gear and strutting her stuff on all 3 occasions. We still have a Halloween birthday party tomorrow, and then the REAL thing on Wednesday.

I love it all. I never thought it would be this much fun. Granted, I did purchase Meg’s costume in August because I knew I wanted her to be cute and perfect for her first trick-or-treat experience, but I never knew it would be THIS awesome.

For the majority of the holiday, Meg is a cute black cat. She is such a good sport and wears her little kitty head and lets me paint whiskers on her face. She runs around and goes about her normal fun-loving activities, totally oblivious to the fact that she has a large fabric HEAD surrounding her head. It’s priceless.

Of course, all of the other moms that I’ve been around think their kid is equally as cute in his/her costume. Granted – there have been some CUTE ones – but Meg just takes the cake (according to me, at least). I think the fact that she has such a good attitude about the whole thing is what does it for me . . . she’s having a great time with this zany, spooky holiday.

Jim is a great sport, too. Not about his costume or anything . . . but he did let me dress Meg as Matthew Stafford for today’s neighborhood party. He knew today was a HUGE game for Georgia, so he was able to put our differences aside and dress Meg in a fashion that would declare her love for the dawgs. She was the best looking football player I’ve ever seen. They didn’t do a costume contest at our party, but she would have won for SURE. I’m think of instituting a contest somehow in the next few days just so that Meg can win it.

So, Halloween so far is a blast. I’ll let you know how the trick-or-treating goes . . . right now, when we stand on doorsteps to say hello or good bye, Meg typically just stands there and waves. I wonder how Wednesday night will go!

BOO! Happy Halloween!


No comments: