Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Poop -- Worthy of a Second Blog Today



Today, Meg and I joined our friends for an all-new swimming aerobics class. "Oh Baby! Fitness" it is called. It's great, except for the diaper situation . . .

See, they make you put your baby in a reusable "swim diaper" -- not the fabulous disposable ones that seem to be perfectly fine for every other pool we've been to in the past 15 months. Nope, at this swim facility, "tighty whitey" swim pants are a must. NO diaper underneath. All of the moms were a little confused by this . . . but we obliged with the facility's request and dressed our babies.

Now I know what I have to look forward to during our potty training stage.

I put the cute little panties on Meg . . . no diaper underneath . . . and declared to my friend that Meg had already pooped twice today, so we should be in the clear. Of course, what a STUPID thing to say.

As soon as I suited Meg up, she did a VERY familiar crouch and grunt . . . which I KNEW was poop, but I let myself believe that it was just her funny way of getting comfy in her swim gear. As we loaded up to head from the locker room to the pool, I stuck my finger into Meg's pants . . . just to be on the safe side.

Poop. No doubt.

Off comes the swimsuit, which flew onto the floor . . . I stand Meg on the bathroom counter so that I can pull off her swim pants . . . but she kicks and flails and stomps her FOOT in the poop . . . so then there was poop on the counter, and on her foot, and on her butt, and in the diaper. Oh, and on my finger, too. Yum. I throw her in sink (ever washed a toddler in a mini-bathroom sink?) . . . manage to clean her foot, butt, my finger, the counter . . . let her down so that she can run naked through the locker room while I dump the poop in the toilet and wash out the pants . . . redress her in a WET swim diaper (THAT was easy to get back on) and pull on her swimsuit.

Deep breath. Can't wait for swimming next week!

(Aside from the poop fiasco, swimming really was a lot of fun!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna be sick!!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness!! Here's a tip. Put a Little Swimmers disposable on her under the resuable rubber pants. That way if she's gotta go, you just slip on a fresh swim diaper, pull the 2nd security layer of resuable back on over top and then her suit. That's how we got J thru swim class that met right at his prime pooping time!

Heather Dahlby said...

Yep -- absolutely going with the 2 diaper thing next week -- my friend did it this week, but really only because her tighty whiteys were TOO big . . . should have taken her idea!

The Cibulas said...

Jack made the Dahlbys blog page!! I love that picture of him...must of been a good photographer behind the camera;) Thanks for taking such a cute pic! Can't wait for next week.