Thursday, April 30, 2009

Road Trip


Going to Charleston, SC, tomorrow . . . our first road trip with the girls. We rarely drive anywhere because of Jim's frequent flyer miles, but the Charleston trip was last minute and is only 5 hours from here . . . so we are hitting the road tomorrow morning.
Can you tell I'm anxious about the driving aspect of this trip? I hope it goes well. Worst case scenario (in my opinion): car sickness. It's happened to Meg before, so I pray that was a fluke and it won't happen again. If we make it to SC with both girls and no vomit, I'll be a happy mommy.


We have some very good friends that live in Charleston, and they have been kind enough to invite us -- our WHOLE clan -- to come and stay the weekend. When we used to go visiting, it was just Jim and I . . . no real inconvenience for anyone. Then we had one baby, which made us a little more cumbersome as visitors, but still no biggie. Now when we go visiting, here comes Mom, Dad, Big Sister AND Little Sister. We are a whole lot of family (and all the stuff that comes with it). Hopefully the Smiths (our Charleston hosts) don't mind too much.


It's going to be a great weekend, I can already tell. We are going to the BEACH on Saturday night for pictures, so what else could I possibly ask for? I'm just so excited to get away . . . after the April we had around here, a weekend out of town is perfect for us.


Must go get to the packing and cleaning . . . conveniently, Jim is not coming home to drive us until early tomorrow morning, so I will be doing the prep work solo . . .

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Have a great time! You deserve it!

The Fokens Family said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to see pictures when you get back!!