Monday, May 4, 2009

Great Weekend Getaway

We had a great weekend . . . and we had wonderful, fabulous hosts in Charleston that made our stay perfectly awesome. Seriously, the hosts MADE the weekend great. Great weather and great friends in a great location . . . it was bound to be a great weekend.


Incidentally, nobody got carsick -- on the ride to or from SC -- so, like I said, I'm a happy Mommy as far as the travel is concerned. I was so worried about vomit, I think I made myself nauseous for at least the first half of the trip on Friday. When we arrived, I took a deep breath and finally was able to relax about our car travel.


Then, after we unloaded, ate dinner, and were just about to chill out with our friends, I made Meg take some children's Claritin for her puffy, allergy eyes. Almost immediately, she vomited all over the kitchen floor. Isn't that my luck? No puke in the car, but a whole kitchen floor covered because I forced her to take medicine she told me she did not like and did not want to take. Go figure. (At least it was easy clean up.)

The rest of the weekend went off without a hitch. We went to a Dragon Boat race, shopped, went to the beach for some pictures, went out to dinner . . . and just enjoyed time with friends we wish we could see more often. Sunday we left our friends to enjoy their day, and we hit downtown Charleston for just a little looking around and lunch. We were home by bedtime, tired and happy from our weekend away.


Jim said we should do this more often -- just get away for a day or so to places somewhat close to home. I agree . . . but then I think about the work involved in a weekend away . . . and I sometimes shy away from these trips. I look forward to the days when these types of getaways are a little easier. Even if there was some work involved in getting us all (and all of our stuff) to Charleston, it was totally worth it. And Jim is right -- we should do this more often. I always have a lovely time.

Thank you to the Smith Family for having us. We know your lives are so busy -- and we are very grateful that you had ALL of us for the weekend! We hope to see you again soon, and we can't wait to host you here on your next visit to Atlanta.


A few of the beach pictures . . . which I've not edited, but they are cute enough the way they are.

Now back to reality and the life here at home. LOTS of HD Portraits to do this week due to a baby explosion among our friends and neighbors. Three newborn shoots and two family shoots in about 2 weeks time, so I have some catching up (and keeping up) to do.

This upcoming weekend is Mother's Day . . . or, what I call "employee appreciation" day at the Dahlby house. It's a chance for me to be appreciated for the work I do :) Jim and I have chatted about a new pocket camera for Mom as a treat. I'm excited -- another camera for me -- the girls and Jim know me too well. I'm sure some work will go into the decision on that gift as this week goes on.

Back to regular life for me . . . with visions of sunny Charleston dancing in my head.

No comments: