Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

I feel a bit like we missed out on Easter this year . . .


I bought the girls dresses and made an attempt at pictures, but they didn't turn out like I'd hoped.









We missed out on our breakfast with the Easter Bunny plans, as well as a couple of egg hunts I know the girls would have loved.


On Easter, we didn't go to church. We didn't dress in seersucker, the girls did not wear frilly hats or gloves.


We, instead, spent the day with family. And this year -- of all years -- we know how valuable that time is. We spent 1/2 the day with my dad and the other half with some of my extended family. It was a beautiful afternoon, and we spent it as a family. After the past 2 weeks, I was just glad to be with Jim, Meg, and Kate for one solid day.

Yeah, we missed out on some of Easter, but not all of it. The girls did get to dye eggs. We did find Easter Baskets left by the big bunny himself, as well as a dozen or so treat-filled eggs hidden around the house . . . a few traditions were not forgotten.


We didn't run around or dressed up, but it was a great holiday, just the same.









1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Love the last pic of Kate...precious girls!