Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Judgements

I've realized lately that some of you out there may be judging me. I hope not, but it's inevitable. We are moms, and we judge each other.



If you are honest with yourself, you know you do it. You look at that other mom and think, "Why is she doing it THAT way?" or "I would never do what she's doing." It's easy to do, especially when we are not in the other person's shoes.



Like the whole swatting-Meg's-leg thing. I was very, VERY leery about posting that story because you all might think of me as a 'bad mom' for my actions. You might judge. My hope -- and the reason I DID post it -- is that you will appreciate my honesty more than you will judge my actions. I'm hoping that you can relate to some of what I'm going through, to some of the things I've done . . . that my honesty in my posts will help you realize you are not alone.



I'm hoping that you'd rather be honest with yourself when reading my blog than judge me for my honesty.



You know that you've done things in your days as a mom that you are embarrassed about, things you regret, things you don't want to tell anyone. Things that you are afraid others might judge you for . . . if only they knew. And it's OK. If you are reading this blog, then you know that I have done those embarrassing, terrible things, too. You aren't alone. I hope that helps.



We are all together in this motherhood thing. And I believe we can be excellent resources for one another. As long as there is honesty . . . and no judgements.

6 comments:

Tiffany Payment said...

No judgement on my part....just quite a few head nods in agreement!

We do our best..that is all we can do! We make mistakes...it's part of life. We try to learn from our experiences.

I'm with ya H!I hope noone is being a pain in your side about your posts!

Anonymous said...

I commend you for being so honest and do not judge you in any way. I have also done things that I am very ashamed of and I'm just thankful that a candid camera was not on me at the time. Nothing bad -- but I have yelled and slammed doors when I get angry at my girls and afterwards I always feel horrible. Raising children is not easy and you're right, we do all need to stick together. :)

Anne said...

I appreciate your candor. I hope people aren't judging you. If so they have no right. Heather, your blog posts are helpful and they make me smile. I am glad to know you will be a good sounding board when Jack gets here and I have to go through it as well. SO from this "step" mom and mom to be Thank You!

The Cibulas said...

I am far from 'judging' you...Im in awe of you! "How will I ever do all that?" is what I think when I read your blog!

Becky said...

I'm with Tiffany -- lots of head nods in agreement. Heck, there's lots of things that I wish I had done differently with J after reading your posts.

Being a mom is the toughest job on earth.

Keisha said...

I would never judge ... cause I've swatted many times. If you can fight the urge as Meg gets older, let me know. And you are a much stronger, patient woman than I if you can keep your hands to yourself!!