Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ahh . . . But OUR Home is Where the Heart Is

We are back in East Cobb tonight . . . doing laundry, unpacking, and relaxing after our long day of travel.

The trip really was awesome. I got everything I could have wished for . . . rest, sleep, relaxation . . . oh . . . and some time with the family, too. Meg and Kate were fantastic, taking all the change and excitement in stride. Jim's dad and mom were fantastic to us, doing all they could to make sure we had a great visit. It was a wonderful week.


Here are some of the highlights . . .





The plane ride itself was enough to get Meg totally excited about our trip. She declared on the ride to the airport . . . "The airplane is gonna come pick us up!" So Jim and I went with it . . . we spent the rest of the morning talking about all the things we had to do before the airplane would come pick us up. It worked . . . the flight was a breeze with two fantastically behaved girls.







I mentioned before that we went to a petting zoo while at Jim's home in Overland Park (before our trip down to the lake house). Watching Meg enjoy the animals was nothing short of a blast. Very fun for everyone. The highlight was certainly feeding the goats a bottle . . . and if you ask her about it today, Meg will tell you all about feeding corn to the ducks and a bottle to the baby goats.





On Saturday, we left KC and headed to the lake house . . . a 2.5 hour drive. With a newly potty-trained two year old and a two month old (always hungry) baby. I was a little worried about it. Much to my surprise, both girls slept the first half, and Meg was totally content to snack and watch movies the second half. No complaints from me!

*** I will have to post more photos and trip stories later . . . I just reached my space quota for Google, and I had to buy more! Sorry to cut it short . . . more to come ***



No comments: