Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What I Love About 3236 Talimore Circle




We moved in late July to a fantastic new house in a fantastic new neighborhood. We love it. I decided to write down exactly what I love about this place, so everyone else could love it, too.

In no particular order . . .

The front porch. I really love having a nice, brick front porch that is so welcoming and inviting to all who approach the house. It just makes the house feel “homey” to me. We need some rockers to help with the charm . . . but that will have to come with time.

The side-entry garage. It creates a really nice, large parking pad that Meg can use to ride her Cozy Coupe and push her Mega-Blocks Bus. And I won’t like – it also makes the house look bigger – no garage doors facing the street gives the illusion that the house is larger than it actually is. It also provides ample parking for guests. AND – it’s FLAT. I never knew how much I’d love that until I started chasing a toddler up and down the hilly driveway at the old place.

The kitchen. Despite the countertop fiasco (which is OVER now!), the kitchen is amazing. It totally sold me on the house. It’s so big! I love it. We have a large island with our cooktop, and our oven is built into the wall. We have what appears to be a 2nd, half oven above our actual stove . . . but it’s really the microwave! Those tricky builders! The kitchen has a desk area built in, and a really comfy breakfast area. The entire room, we’ve been told, is about 75-80 square feet . . . and I love every foot. Can’t WAIT to host a dinner party.

The REAL hardwoods. No more pergo for us . . . we have real, slat-by-slat hardwood floors in the foyer, front hall, and kitchen. Heaven. (Anyone know how to clean them?)

The back deck. Granted, it’s in need of a good cleaning/staining right now, but it’s still awesome. Like the rest of the house, it is super roomy and perfect for parties. It wraps all the way around the house and has an entrance at the end of the driveway. Love it.

Meg’s room. She has so much to look forward to, growing up in that room. It’s nice and quiet because it is on the back of the house. She has her own, connected bathroom . . . which I can use for her and for her siblings in the coming years. The closet is great, too, because Jim re-created the shelving we had at the old house.

Our master bedroom closet. Huge. That’s all there is to it.

The unfinished basement. Jim and I always said that we wanted 5 bedrooms and a basement. We now have the basement – and it’s going to be great when it’s finished. I actually LIKE the fact that it is not already finished. We honestly don’t need the space right this minute – but it’s there for future expansion. We can design anything we want – another bonus. We’ve already decided that we’ll put our 5th bedroom down there, and then this will be our “dream” house.

The neighborhood. Everyone here is so friendly and neighborly. We’ve met nearly everyone on our street . . . people were in the driveway saying hello pretty much as soon as we pulled in with the moving truck! We chose this neighborhood BEFORE we chose the house . . . we knew we wanted to live here. It seemed so family friendly . . . big pool, playground, tennis, sidewalks, etc. . . . and it has really lived up to every expectation.

From the moment we got here, Jim and I were delighted with our decision ot move. We were also so grateful that our old house sold so quickly . . . we know we are lucky in that boat. I want to climb the roof and say, “We got it! THE house we are going to be in for the next 15-20 years! We are so lucky!!” I won’t – we don’t know our neighbors that well just yet.

Of course, there are still many, many things we want to do to the house to make it ours. I’ve only just begun with the decorating . . . which, in this house, could take a long, long time. That’s OK. I can wait. We are going to be here for a while!

No comments: