Thursday, September 6, 2007

Week One, Over and Done

Friday morning we are off to Iowa . . . so no blog for the next few days. I’m going to go ahead and post my Friday blog now, since I’ve already written it . . .

I’ve made it one solid week faithfully writing this blog. I have no idea if it is being read, but I still enjoy writing it. Someone (my ONE reader!) asked me if it is cathartic to write about the things that are going on in my life, and I absolutely think it is. Writing that blog about my miscarriage really felt GOOD . . . it’s nice to get my thoughts out there (without having to SAY them). I hope that, as time goes on, writing this continues to help me get through good and tough times in my life.

Writing this blog is challenging, though. This week I’ve really tried to keep my posts somewhat upbeat . . . I try not to write whining, complaining, boy-I-hate-my-life blogs. Who wants to read that? But, for some reason, I want to write it . . . all the topics that I think of seem to be a complaint about something that is happening around here. That being said, all week I’ve been looking for the bright side of things so that I have something funny and positive to write about (hence the entry about Meg’s shoes) . . . maybe this blog is serving many purposes in my life.

Another thing . . . I’ve realized that my life revolves around motherhood. All the topics that come to me are about baby, motherhood, staying at home, etc. I guess I’m officially a mom now. Most of you are thinking, “You became a mom last summer, and you are just realizing it??” Yep, I am. I’ve had a child for over a year, but only now am I realizing how much every SINGLE thing I do revolves around her. Well – that is not entirely true – I certainly did realize that my life revolved around her for the 13 months that I was breastfeeding. But, now that I am writing a journal/blog about my life and what I’m thinking, I guess it is just hitting me that all I do or think about is being a mom.

I hope that my posts don’t get monotonous. To my friends with kids – I hope you can relate to some of my thoughts and topics. To my friends without kids – sorry for all the boring mom stuff (but you will have this to look back on when your day in the sun arrives!). To everyone, please feel free to leave me comments or thoughts that you have after you read . . . just click where says, “ # comments” and it will take you to another screen. I’d love to see the comments, and so would others . . . then we’d all know there is more than one reader out there.

Here’s to week two . . .

HD

2 comments:

The Melda Family said...

I've LOVED LOVED LOVED reading your blog this week! I loved it before too! I can relate to most of what you are writing about!

I'm so sorry that you had to experience the NIGHTMARE of a miscarriage! I'm just not sure what to say.... but it breaks my heart for you! Hopefully you will have lots of great things to write about soon.

Heather Dahlby said...

Thanks for the post, Jenn . . . you don't have to say anything at all . . . I appreciate your thoughts very much.