Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Week: Wednesday


Today was the first of our three day Halloween party palooza. Hosted by Yours Truly, we enjoyed a wonderful costume party play date . . . complete with a crafty activity for everyone to take home.


8 kids, 8 moms. We definitely had a full house! Lots of fun snacks and lots of fun costumes.


I tend to stress myself out when hosting events. I worry too much, prepare a ton, and then try to relax and have fun when the party is going on. But, with today's clientele, I didn't have to stress. We are all a bunch of moms . . . everyone is doing the same things I do and trying to get by the same way I try. I didn't worry about my messy house or my less than perfect Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats. Nobody cared . . . I think everyone had a great time and enjoyed seeing their kids in costumes. (And that was my goal.)


























Oh, and I didn't forget Kate. Because of -- what I firmly believe to be -- devine intervention, she went down for a nap at noon and slept through almost the entire party. It freed me up to enjoy some time with Meg, do the craft, talk to my friends. She woke up promptly at 1:30pm, just as everyone was leaving.


Tomorrow's adventure: the preschool party. And then comes Friday, the real deal . . . Halloween! Meg can't wait to use the pumpkin bags that Nana Dahlby sent . . . I told her that we are going to walk around the neighborhood and people will put candy in her basket. She can hardly wait.

6 comments:

Keisha said...

I'm so bummed that we had to miss this!! And my pumpkin-shaped Rice Krispie treats were less than perfect, as well. It looks like you guys had lots of fun ... so when I see you next week, I'm putting Tanner's Batman costume on him and you're taking his picture!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

What a monster mash!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that craft. We did something similar for J's first halloween. Love that so much. The kids are too cute!!

The Cibulas said...

We had so much fun! Thank you over and over again for hosting a wonderful party. Jack showed Daddy his art project when he got home this eveneing. Jack even lifted up his foot to show Daddy how he did it! Loved it--what a great time!

Twinkletoes said...

CUTEST CRAFTS EVER! OMG!

Anonymous said...

What adorable costumes!!! PS - Did you rip off my pumpkin rice krispie treats? LOLOLOL! :-)

The Fokens Family said...

You ARE the hostess with the mostess. We had the best time as always. And, we so appreciate all the planning, time and effort it took to put together such a wonderful event for all the kiddos & mommies too. Great pics!
E