Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Week: Thursday at St Andrew

As promised, today was the preschool Halloween party . . . complete with costumes and ghost shaped cookies.

All us moms were there to take part in the festivities. We dolled up our kids as soon as we arrived. . . . WAY more for our own delight than for theirs. We strapped them into princess dresses, cowboy hats, zebra and monkey suits . . . then stood back to take as many pictures as the kids would allow. Once they were starry-eyed from all the camera flashes, we turned them loose on a 'spooky' sticker activity.

Two year olds in costumes can be such a riot. Especially when they attempt to do normal things, like craft activities and eating snack.




The party did not disappoint . . . Me OR Meg, thankfully. It was a hoot.
Kate even went in costume . . .


Meg had made a very special request this morning . . . "Kate come in her costume, too? Meg want to!" was what she had asked for. It seemed very important to her. Of course, I could not resist honoring Meg's request to have sister in costume at her preschool party. It was a big hit :)

I love this time of year at Meg's school. She's learning so much, bringing home great crafts, and enjoying tons of activities unique to the fall season. Two weeks ago, the kids visited a pumpkin patch for storytime and pumpkin picking . . .


It's so fantastic to watch Meg grow, to see her learn and have so much fun at these events. These activites are the kinds of things I've been waiting for . . . the stuff I have always, always looked forward to doing with my kids. I try and soak up every single moment. I hear there will be a day when Meg (and Kate) won't want Mommy to come to the party . . . which I know will break my heart. Thankfully, those days are far from now . . . so I'm free to enjoy every event I can with our girls. As a matter of fact, when Meg sees me, she usually says, " 'ders MY momma!"

Oh -- and last night -- to add to the fun of our day's events, I took Meg for a ride through our neighborhood to look for "Spooky Houses." Many of our neighbors have gone all out with the deocrating, and we enjoyed driving around to appreciate their hard work. It was a true treat. Meg rode in the front seat to get a good view (no Brittany Spears comments necessary -- we didn't even leave the neighborhood), and she kept yelling, " 'ders 'nother spooky house!" as we rounded each corner. (I kept thinking: she's going to go nuts over Christmas lights!)
How fun it is to have a wide-eyed child in our lives.

Happy Halloween Thursday! Tomorrow is the big day . . . trick or treating, candy eating, and spooky costumes galore.

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

They could NOT be any cuter! I cant wait to do spooky house drive bys! Maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

Is Meg left handed? She seems to favor that hand. One of my daughters is a lefty and I find it so interesting.