Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Hijinks

Before we had kids . . . let's face it . . . Halloween wasn't much more than an excuse to go out and do a little partying. Lots of Sex Kitten and Hugh Heffner costumes are now hung in our closets, reminding us of our younger days.

Now, Halloween is so much more . . . it's adorable, fun, all about candy, and -- at least at our house -- a nearly week long activity.


In anticipation of all the Halloween coming to the Dahlby's house over the next few days, I give you some Halloween Hijinks I've caught around town over the last week or two.


Hijink # 1 -- Obama vs. McCain


Hilarious costume seen in a recent local parade. I tried to get a shot of McCain really giving it to Obama :)

Hijink# 2 -- Lawn Ornaments



People all over the place go all out to decorate their homes this time of year. It starts with Halloween, grows as the autumn leaves change, and climaxes with holiday-in-lights. It's a fantastic time of year for lawn ornamenture (is that a word?).

In case you can't tell what these Halloween lawn skeletons are up to . . . they are tailgating. Right there on the lawn . . . TV and all. Awesome! I passed this house last year, and the same skeletons were playing a piano. I'm guessing that each year they are up to new antics . . . which makes for awesome lawn decor. I bet the neighbors are on pins and needles as the calendar changes from September to October, anticipating the skeletons each year . . . I know that I would be, if they were my neighbors.

Too, too clever, I tell you.


Hijink # 3 -- Signage




And just in case you can't make out what it says . . .





Corny, of course. But it made you smile, didn't it?

If I catch any more hijinks this week, I'll be sure to post. BOO! to you and yours this week . . . enjoy all the fun that Halloween can bring.

1 comment:

Keisha said...

Hey, I met the tail-gating sskeletons in Bridgemill last week! Cracked me up!!