Saturday, November 29, 2008

It Was Bound to Happen

Georgia 42
Georgia Tech 45





Yes, yes. Georgia lost today. Fair and square, we played terrible, and Tech deserved the W. They had not won this rivarly game since the year 1999 . . . since November of my senior year at UGA.



I was not a sore loser, and Jim was not a gloater (although he really, really wanted to be, I could tell). There was bound to be a time in our lives together when my team would lose this game, and today was the day. I accept that.



But, it still stings. (pun intended)


Congratulations, GT. You guys now have bragging rights for the year.

(My bad -- correction!! GT won in 2000!! Thanks, Ryan, for the correction -- it was an honest mistake, I promise!)

2 comments:

Ryan Sampson said...

Not to split hairs because it has been awhile, but I do remember the 2000 game being 27-15 GT for our third straight win. We had lost seven straight before this win, but don't take that one from us!

Heather Dahlby said...

Oh, yes . . . you did win back in 2000. Sorry, my mistake! I wasn't trying to steal that one, I promise :)

(I lose track of the years . . . once you get married and have kids, I guess that the time before all of that becomes a blur!!)