Monday, November 17, 2008

Quick Little Updates

After 2 weeks, Meg has finally adjusted to the time change taking us off of Daylight Savings Time. I wish I had known that one hour would rock her little clock like it did . . . we had a lot of 6am wake ups and short (but NOT sweet!) naps over the last 2 weeks. Finally, we seemed to have returned to normal. Whoever thought up changing our clocks back and forth certainly did not have kids.

________________________________________________

I am in the height of the holiday season. Already, I've seen full Christmas trees, tons of Christmas attire, and lots and lots of holly and garland. All in the name of good Christmas pictures. I have a shoot Thurs-Sun, then one more the Sunday after Thanksgiving . . . and then I'm done for holiday 2008. Much like I was counting down to my maternity break in the spring, I'm counting down to December. Only a few more days to go. My mantra: I can make it. I can make it. I can make it.
_______________________________________

Jim is still away from home more than he's here. Having 2 kids and no help is really hard. I've started using babysitters more, and we found a great housekeeper that seems to genuinely want to help our family. Again: I can make it. I can make it. I can make it.
____________________________________

Kate will be 5 months old tomorrow. FIVE. Do you believe how fast the time goes? Before long she'll be eating solids and sitting up. Kate's latest accomplishment: rolling, both back to tummy and tummy to back. The only funny part is that she tends to roll from her back to her tummy and then gets stuck. I guess I shouldn't say it's funny . . . it certainly wasn't funny at 5:30am last week, when she was wailing from her room because she couldn't figure out how to roll back over. I'm sure my little peanut will figure it out with time.
__________________________________________________

We don't know what we are doing for Thanksgiving. While most families plan for holidays, my family tends to wait until the LAST minute. It drives me totally nuts. But, being that my dad and I are pretty much on-the-outs these days, I won't push him to make a plan. If my parents come here, great. If they don't want to celebrate with us, we'll figure something out. *sigh* At least I know for certain where we'll be on Christmas (Iowa).
___________________________________________________

Heather Dahlby: You've just made it through the holiday rush, you survived the first 6 months with 2 children, and your husband got his annual bonus! What are you going to do now?!

You guessed it: We're going to Disney World! The plans are set for a 5 day Orlando blitz, complete with on-the-property hotel and reservations for character dining. Meg (and Kate, in her own way) is going to have a ball. I thought we'd wait until both girls were older . . . but I just can't wait any longer. Everything at our house is princess, princess, princess right now . . . so off we go to meet some of those darling ladies in person. Late February 2009. I cannot wait.
_________________________________

If you live around Atlanta and don't know of this offer -- the aquarium has $20 tickets, including parking, through Dec 31 2008. Check it out!

___________________________________________________
Oh, and we attempted to take some family pictures this weekend. Sometimes, with a two little ones, the outtakes are the best part.

3 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Oh, Bless you, my friend!

Becky said...

Fantastic update! Must get Doug focused on the Disney trip...stupid work project getting in the way.

Andrea said...

Hey Strangers,
I am glad to see you guys are doing well. I hadn't been on your blog in quite some time. Kate is sooo big and Meg is too. Meg will love Disney, David loved the Disney cruise we went on in the Spring. I hear you, about Jim's traveling, Jimmy has been gone forever it seems like. (Darn elections.)
~Andrea C.