Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Carpool


Every Tuesday or Thursday afternoon, I get some kind of wacky report from Meg's teacher about what Meg was up to that morning while at preschool. Each time I round the corner and take my place in the carpool line, awaiting Meg's dismissal, I wonder what I'm going to hear.


Today . . .


Becky: (as she loads Meg into the car) Does your husband have two different color eyes?

Me: (confused) Yeah . . . actually, he does. Did Meg tell you that?

Becky: (laughing) While we were coloring this morning, I said we were using brown -- and I said brown was just like (another student's) eyes. Of course, Meg piped up with "Meg has two blue eyes!!"

Me: (laugh)

Becky: (closing the door, leaning on the window) Then she declared, "Meg's daddy has one blue eye!" We were all totally confused until we asked her what color daddy's other eye was . . . and she said, "Green." So, I figured your husband must have two different colored eyes.

Me: I never know what this child will say! She remembers everything. We had the eye color discussion over dinner sometime recently . . . I had no idea . . .

Becky: (laughing) Yep, she remembered. See you Thursday!


My Meg. Always finding a way to make us all laugh . . . and reminding us to watch what we say because she remembers everything.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Are those Meg's school pictures?! The one on the left is darling!!