Monday, July 21, 2008

More Pictures Worth 1000 Words

Yes, I'm cheating (again). I want so desperately to keep up with the blog, but a crying little Kate is keeping me away from my computer at times when I would normally write.


So as not to keep you wondering what's been going on at our house, here are a few images of the happenings at Casa de Dahlby. . .






A whole lot of sleeping, on the part of Kate Dahlby. And I think we have ourselves a 'passy baby' . . . which is totally different from big sister, who would never hold one in her mouth.

Oh -- and she is growing, though still a little peanut. Kate weighed in at 8 lbs, 11 oz at her one month appointment, putting her in the 39th percentile for weight (for those of you who know what that means). Meg was a whopping 10+ pounds at one month . . . no wonder Kate seems so small to me!





Lots and lots of visits from wonderful family and friends. Some of them come to see Jim, Meg, and me, too :)







Adjustments. Sometimes, being a big sister is kinda hard.






A little bit of baby acne. I documented it so that she'll always remember :) This was the worst day, last Wednesday. It's nearly gone now.






A whole lot of bonding. Meg LOVES Kate . . . kisses her all the time and constantly wants to hold her. We did have a time out session today for pushing Kate's swing (with Kate IN it), but other than that, Meg has been handling her sister with the best of care.






And finally, a photo session with a dear friend. My photographer friend came to see us just days after Kate was born, and we recently received the photos . . . which are priceless. Karen -- you are the best!


(One thing I have NOT had time for is editing of my own work . . . so many of the images seen here will look better once I finally get around to sprucing them up a bit! Sorry for the poor quality . . . forgive me, if you can.)

3 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Everything looks like it is going wonderful over there and busy too! I love the family shots at the end...beautiful!

The Fokens Family said...

Heather! Your new family photos are BEAUTIFUL!! I'm sure they are already framed and on the wall!
LOVE the black background!
~Erica

Becky said...

Love, love, love all of the pictures -- especially the family pictures and Meg reading to Kate :)

As for the pacy--as yes...we must talk. I have a little boy who keeps telling me he's giving his to baby Kate (along with like every other thing in this house it seems -- he wants to give it ALL to her) but then changes his mind.