Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Day Off


The definition of 'a day off' has certainly changed at our house.


Meg is with my parents for the next two days. They begged to have her for a few days just as soon as the Dahlbys left town . . . they haven't seen her in about 10 days, and they were going into withdrawl.


I dropped Meg off this morning and thought to myself, "Ahhhh . . . a few days off."


Granted, I still have Kate. But having only ONE kid is now considered a day off. Having NO kids -- a break from both -- is just surreal to me at this point in time. What would I call that? Vacation?


Kate and I will spend some time together, just the two of us, for the next two days. It will be peaceful and sweet. I often feel like I can't spend enough time with JUST her . . . that she's not getting the attention Meg got at 4 weeks of age. It's true . . . Kate is not getting what Meg got. She gets my attention, Jim's attention, and big sisters attention . . . so she's getting enough, I'm sure. I also feel like I don't really know Kate yet . . . but she's so young and new, how could I really? I hope to get to know her even more between now and Friday -- when big sis returns.


I'm off to enjoy my day off . . . I think I'll hold Kate while she sleeps for the next hour or two. THAT is a real treat for me.

No comments: