Monday, July 7, 2008

I Just Have to Say . . .

No accidents today. None.

And we went out to dinner. All four of us, plus Meg's big girl panties. She used the toilet at the restaurant. I was so excited, I did a little dance as we walked back to our table.

Then we stopped at the grocery store for a minute. No problem . . . Meg held it until we got home, then used the potty as soon as we came in the door.

I wish you could see her face, each time she starts to hear that tinkle. It's priceless. I'll try to capture a photo of it tomorrow . . . I never want to forget how proud she is of herself in this monumental accomplishment.

Sure, there will absolutely be accidents along the way. I don't pretend for a second that there will not be a time soon when she is so engrossed in play that she forgets to tell me she has to go. Or a time when we are too far from the potty and her little bladder can't hold it that long.

But, no accidents today. What a kid we've got.

No comments: