Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Last Hooo-rah

Julie's Bachelorette Party was last weekend . . . and yes, THIS old lady was in attendance. I say that jokingly (kinda) . . . I was about 5 yrs older than the other guests, and I was the only one married and the only one with kids. I certainly felt old in the crowd I was in.
Hey -- I might be old, but I still will take ANY chance I get to go to the beach and lay out for a day or two.
It was a fun weekend . . . sun and a few drinks will make anyone feel great and gets EVERYONE excited about the upcoming wedding. It was what you would expect from a bachelorette party event . . . lots of drinking, giggling, and talking about 'old times'. I know Julie had a BLAST. She totally deserves it.
And the girls on the trip were great . . . the didn't make me feel old at all. I enjoyed listening to them all tell stories about guys they are dating or 'single girl' events they attended. I liked remembering my own days as a single girly as I listened to their tales of life in the city. I kept saying, "Believe it or not, I did have a very different life before I had kids!" Ahhhh . . . those days seem long past. But it was great to remember them for a weekend.

OH -- yes, those are airbrushed shirts we had made for our affair. Saturday night, we donned our shirts and out we went. We were in Panama City Beach, after all. Who goes to PCB and doesn't get airbrushed?!

Hooray for Julie's last hoo-rah. Only about 3 more weekends until her big day.

No comments: