Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Disney is on the Horizon




If you ask Meg about our upcoming adventures, she will tell you with certainty that FIRST comes Aunt JuJu's wedding (April 24th) and NEXT comes Disney World (early May). She would likely then go on and on about Disney . . . which characters she wants to meet and when, and what rides she wants to enjoy in some particular order.




You see, in the mind of a 3 year old, being a flower girl in your Aunt's wedding is very cool. But following it up with a trip to Disney is even cooler.




Her mother has a similar sentiment, as sad as that might sound. I've already gotten my books out for the Disney trip. I've reprinted parade schedules, and I've made all of our dining reservations. And yes, sadly . . . I've started to think about what Disney gear we are all going to be wearing on the trip.




My dad thinks I'm crazy with all my questions and discussions about a trip that is still about 7 weeks away. He is coming along for part of this trip -- and the Dahlbys are coming for part, too -- and I don't know if either of them get how much planning goes into a Disney World vacation. You cannot just 'wing it' -- I mean, you can, but then you could miss out on some of the coolest stuff that the House of Mouse has to offer. I can't wing it. We are t-minus 50-ish days to go, and I'm already deciding which parks we will visits on which days of the trip.




Disney is on the horizon, my friends. And if it is half as wonderful as our trip in 2009, I'll be delirious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Disney vacation definitely takes tons and tons of planning and time management. You cannot just "wing it," you have the right idea!

Charlotte said...

It's never too early to start planning a Disney trip :-)