Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And the Winner Is . . .

I know you have been waiting to see how I dressed for the Oscar Party on Sunday . . . and here it is.


Julia Child :)



Technically, I'm Meryl Streep AS Julia Child from "Julie & Julia" -- a 2010 Oscar nominee. I was so proud of myself. Below is the photo I used to model my outfit . . . white on white on white, and all I purchased was the $6 white apron to make my outfit complete.

When I showed up for the party, I was all excited about my creativity. Jim boosted my confidence by saying I'd have one of the best costumes there.

Well, it might have been a good idea . . . but I'm sad to report that I was NOT very original. Behold me -- and the two OTHER Julia's at the event:


That's OK. It wasn't original, but it worked. And I had a great time at the party -- so that's all that matters, anyway :)

In other news: we bought a new car and had new dining room furniture delivered -- all in the past 5 days. I'll post more about those tomorrow or later in the week . . . Tuesday is my busiest day each week, and I'm pooped right now. I must go muster up the strength to feed my girls, bathe them, and get them in bed.

Thanks for the help with the costume!

2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Great idea!! You look fab. I just love the movie. My mom got us the cookbook for Christmas....it's pretty complicated. What a fun event!

~Erica

The Cibulas said...

You look great!