Friday, September 26, 2008

Favorite Photo Friday, Week 5

Hadley, March 29 2008, Smyrna GA


HD Portraits has been officially in business now for just over one year. In that time, I've done about 50 shoots and captured over 15,000 images. All of this started because a few friends enjoyed the pictures they'd seen of my kid . . . so they asked me to take some pictures of their kids . . . then they started referring me to thier friends . . . and here I am. A photographer. A small business owner. Who could have ever guessed?

I feel very lucky to be in the position I am. I work when I can (and want to), I get to do something I truly enjoy, and people pay me. Some say I don't charge enough . . . or that I shouldn't give my images to people . . . but I don't care. What I love is working with the children and taking the pictures. For now, HD Portraits is just the way I want it.

I'm back to work now, and I will admit that getting back into the swing of things is kinda tough. I do enjoy it . . . I just find myself procrastinating some of the HD Portraits work and responsibilites I used to do without problem. Editing, for example . . . I used to do it every night, but right now I'm just too tired when the girls are asleep to do much more than go to sleep myself. And I'm a little slow on emailing clients or scheduling dates. I'm also finding that I want to be more creative -- that I don't think my work is quite up to par since my return from maternity leave. This will pass, and I'm sure I'll find myself excited and motivated here as we move into the holiday season (my busiest time of year).

I thought I'd take a minute to post some of my personal favorites from the past year. Hadley (at the top) is one of my favorites to work with. I shouldn't say that -- really, I haven't met a kid I didn't love.

Enjoy these as I get to work on some editing that's due to the client next week . . .



No comments: