Monday, September 22, 2008

Again with the '3 Months Old' Thing

I mentioned last week that, to me, 3 months felt like a real milestone in 'baby life'. It is like the bridge from newborn to infant . . . a mark that you are excited to achieve because in those first few weeks you often hear that "everything gets better after the 12th week . . ."

Now that Meg is 2 years and 3 months old, I have a series of photos to share.

3 months old, Sept 21, 2006




1 year, 3 months old, Sept 21, 2007




2 years, 3 months old, Sept 21, 2008

If you can't tell between this and the 'rocking chair series' photos I've done, I really love to show the progression of time in the photos I keep of the girls. I try my best to document how much they've grown and changed in certain periods of time so that (a) we have it to look back on and (b) we can appreciate it right now.

Meg is 2 years and 3 months old, and the changes that we've seen in that period of time cannot possibly be reflected in these photographs. We've gone from wobbling headedness to jumping into the swimming pool. From nursing exclusively to requesting her favorite meal. From fitful baby naptime to napping for 2+ hours daily. From no talking to "sometimes I wish she'd stop talking". And she's changed a lot physically, too . . . as you can see in the photographs.

I just love to watch them grow. It never ceases to amazing me.

1 comment:

Keisha said...

I wish I had done what you have with pictures. I'd love to see the difference between my little ones when they were same age. And it is amazing to see how much Meg has grown. I guess she's officially a little girl now, hunh?