Thursday, September 4, 2008

Embracing It

I decided I am ready to embrace my mommy-ness, 100%.



BEFORE




























AFTER


I cut off (what feels like) all of my hair. And I really, truly like it. I wasn't sure if I would like it at all . . . I've never EVER had hair this short . . . but now I do and I do like it. Jim thinks it's very cute . . . and since he is the one who has to look at it all the time, I'm glad for that.

It all started on Saturday. I went for a hair cut because I decided that I wanted a style . . . no more long, layered, and straight for me. I wanted something different, something a little more grown up and a little less 'sorority girl'. And, when you are unhappy with your body shape, changing your hair seems to be the only thing you can do to make yourself feel bettter. (Trust me, I did this same thing post-Meg also!)

I saw my hair girl . . . and she was somewhat conservative with the cut. She only cut it about 1/2 way between my chin and my shoulders, not too much layering. She suggested I go home and style it myself for a few days before cutting it any shorter. She didn't want to totally freak me out with the new style.

I knew on the ride home it wasn't short enough for what I had in mind. I looked a little too much like the kid on the Dutch Boy Paint can. I wanted a little more Katie Holmes in my new 'do. I made an appointment and went back to the salon last night, requesting shorter and more layers. The result, as you can see, is a short bob with lots of 'stacking' and layers.

It's cute, it's short, it's fresh, and it is totally a 'mom haircut'. And I really, really am liking it. Last I checked, I'm a mom . . . so I guess the style fits.


Your compliments may begin now . . . :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I LOVE it! Sooo cute! Now you're going to make me want to chop mine off too! Love it - totally suits you!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I love it!!

Becky said...

Love, love, LOVE it! Honestly, I thought your hair was shorter on Sunday but I wasn't sure. Now I can definitely tell. Very sporty and sassy!

Anonymous said...

ACK! You've had the same hair since I've known you... and I loved it. But guess what? I love this new style even MORE!! Yay for a bob! The only problem with short hair- you have to fully commit to fixing it daily. No more ponytails! :-(

Keisha said...

You look totally fabulous! Very sophisticated ... and you look "made up" even without having on lots of makeup and sparkle!! Love it!!! (And you look thinner too. Short hair does that, you know!! WHy do you think mine is short??)

Twinkletoes said...

I absolutely love it! Wish I was ready to take the risk too! It looks great!

Becky said...

Love it Heather! I keep talking about cutting mine off, it's the longest it's ever been since high school - but Dow gets this sad puppy dog face whenever I mention it, ugh....it's just so long and boring, your new do is super cute!!

The Fokens Family said...

It may be a mom cut...but it's a sassy mom cut!! Love it.
~E

Anne said...

Heather! It is perfect!!! I love it! You look so hollywood!
So beautiful - as always :~)