Friday, May 30, 2008

The "To Do" List

Okay, brace yourself . . . another blog about the pending baby. If you were walking around ready to give birth, I doubt you'd have much else to blog about, either.

All of the sudden, our family is in hyperdrive. Jim is freaking out because he has a bunch of presentations to finish for the BIG company conference PowerPlan is hosting here in Atlanta June 15-18. Until now, everything's been on hold as far as Jim's participation in the conference was concerned . . . but now that it looks like we will most likely be home with 2 girls by the 15th, he's feverishly trying to finish everything so that he CAN participate in the big event. Work is overwhelming him (it always does) . . . he's trying to do as much as he can with any spare second he can find.

I took Meg for a haircut this morning, and I'm going later this afternoon for a trim of my own. I HAVE to get to Toys-R-Us in the next 24-48 hours to get Meg a 'big sister present' . . . I'm thinking a baby doll of some kind. I've packed her bag for my parents house and gathered most everything for me and Kate into a pile in our bedroom. I caught up with laundry and dishes. We put the contractor on alert so that he'll really start to understand the importance of FINISHING the job in the basement.

When you find out that you could have a baby any minute, all of the sudden those things you've been meaning to do ACTUALLY get done.

No baby yet, but we are sure busy while we wait.

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Oh My! Baby Kate will be here before we know it! I cant wait to meet her.