Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Things We Do for Our Kids



I'm blogging from the car. I'm parked in front of the Best Buy at Northpointe Mall. Jim is inside, purchasing the first of several high tech electronics for our new media room.
What? What am I doing?

Ah, you see . . . Meg is alseep in the backseat. She fell asleep on the ride here, and she NEEDS this nap . . . so Jim and I just did a little solo shopping. I went into JoAnn and picked up a few things while Jim car-sat with Meg, and then we switched.
The funny thing is, we've done this before. It's so much easier to let her get a 20-30 minute nap in and have a happy girl for the afternoon then to drag her in and out of errands with that sleepy twinkle in her eye.
I do feel a bit strange, I'll admit. I wonder what other people think of me . . . a weirdo lady just chillin' in her Tahoe, engine running, computer in her lap. But, the result of Meg's nap is far more important than the impression I make on the Sunday afternoon shoppers that pass me in the parking lot.

The things we do for our kids.

Gotta run . . . Jim's back, so now we are off to Babies-R-Us . . . and I think Meg's had a good rest, so we have to wake her up . . .

No comments: