Monday, May 26, 2008

A Loooooong Weekend


In a great way . . . not the kind of long weekend where you are ready for the week to begin, but the kind that feels like a vacation and you never want it to end.

(Well, minus the falling-in-the-pool incident.)

Jim has been home ALL weekend. He returned from San Francisco on Wendesday -- 2 days earlier than we had thought he would be coming home. He 'fixed' the travel situation so that he was only gone Sun-Wed . . . MUCH more managable for Meg and me. So, we had Daddy home Thursday night, which was very nice.

Jim worked from home on Friday so that I could do a shoot . . . and Friday night we made our first trip to the Northampton swimming pool. Saturday we goofed off during the day and had some neighbors for dinner. Sunday we went to the pool again, then grilled out and ate on the deck. Monday we went to the pool again, grilled out again, but ate inside. (We like the pool and we like to grill, can you tell?)

It's been one of those weekends that feels great from sun up to sun down. One during which I've looked at my family and thought how lucky I am to have them. How lucky I am to live the life I live.

I said to Jim this morning . . . this weekend has been like our last 'hoorah' as a family of three. Within a week or two (God willing) our three will be four. I think I'll always remember this weekend as our last big bash with Meg as our one-and-only.

It was a great, great weekend. I wish I could bottle it and drink it in when times are tough or when I need a reminder of how fantastic life is. It was that great.

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a great weekend! We hope you are feeling well.