Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Paging Dr. Gray


Today I found out that Dr. Gray, Meg's pediatrician, has left the pediatric practice at which we are patients.

When I called to check on Baby Kate information and schedule Meg's 2 year check up (yes, I'm booking an appointment for July now because if you wait too long, you can't get in forever), I was so shocked to hear this news.

"Dr. Gray has left our practice."

I didn't ask where she went. Am I allowed to? Can they tell me - or will they - even if I ask? I had more (inappropriate) questions I didn't ask . . . Did she leave on her own -- did they fire her? Did she just move -- or did she leave on bad terms? WHERE did she go??

I went ahead and booked an appointment with the doctor who founded the practice, which is also the one that was recommended to me back in 2006 when we were first searching for a pediatrician. That doctor certainly is nice . . . but we've developed a relationship with Dr. Gray. She knows Meg, and we know her.

Dr. Gray was there through Meg's hemangeoma incident. She's done almost every single well-baby check up we've had. Her own daughter's name is Meg, for crying out loud!

Oh well. I guess we'll see how Dr. Ho does. I just loved the personal care we got with Dr. Gray. I hope it continues.

I guess it's not reasonable for me to expect to have the same pediatrician for Meg's entire childhood. I guess we might end up changing a few times in the course of the coming years.

We did Google 'Nani Gray' -- but since she only left our practice a month ago, she's not surfaced anywhere else just yet. If she does . . . and it's close enough to us . . . we might have to stalk her.

I'm such a creature of habit -- I hate it when things like this change!

No comments: