Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One Year Ago

Since I didn't have much to blog about today . . . and since I do seem to have more time for blogging again lately . . . I thought I'd look back to one year ago today and see what we were up to. Since we've taken pictures around here almost every day since Meg arrived, I thought it would be fun to reminisce.

Well, we took pictures on Dec 11 last year, but then the camera must have broken or something -- we didn't take another picture until December 14.

So -- here we were, one year ago (Friday):

I remember all of this. Meg was eating cereal for maybe the 3rd or 4th time. She seemed like such a big girl then . . . opening wide and taking in that soupy mess. I was so excited to be branching out into a new area of motherhood . . . feeding my baby more than just breastmilk. It was going to be so great. I was so anxious for her to be a big girl.

Now I look back and simply cannot tell you where this year has gone. Meg went from needing me for her sole nutrition, to eating solids plus milk, to not even needing mommy at all (among various and sundry other milestones). Tonight she had turkey, peas, and mac & cheese for dinner. And she told me when she was done. And she helped me wash her messy cheesy face when dinner was over.

It's fun to look back -- but when I found these pictures, it made me a little sad, too. She's just not a baby any more!

Countdown to Fab-o-Fun Friday: 2 days (well, I guess really just ONE day)

No comments: