Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Happy Holidays

I believe her expression was something like, "Ho Ho HOLY CRAP!!"



I guess I don't have to say that Meg did not enjoy her visit with Santa this year. I anticipated it -- I was not so sure she'd enjoy that jolly old man. As we waited in line for our visit, my girlfriend and I chuckled about how Meg might react . . . and I could feel Meg's body getting more and more tense with each step toward the old man. By the time we were ready for our turn, she was holding on to me for dear life and pitching quite a fit NOT to sit with Santa.



You see what a cruel mother I am. Even Santa said, "Be fast on that camera trigger, Mom!"



The funny thing is -- from a distance, Meg LOVES Santa. She points and waives and giggles. She enjoys him, really. From about 10 feet away, he IS a right jolly old elf.



So, we thought we'd try again. We took Meg to another Santa at an outdoor mall -- just one day after the above scream-fest.


You can see in the pictures, from a distance he's the coolest. She peeks over the wall, points -- anything to get our attention to Santa.


But, if you ask her, "Meg, do you want to SIT with Santa?" You are met with a resounding and absolute, "NO."




That's OK, Meg. Maybe next year.



Aside from Santa visits, we've been busy around here finishing up all of our holiday exitement and getting ready for our trip to Kansas. We actually leave tomorrow and return on 12/24 -- just in time to have Christmas at our very own house. I, personally, am very excited to have Christmas at our house!

We hope you all have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas. Thanks for all the well-wishes for New BAby -- we are happy to share that news, and I'll post a few more back-logged blogs as the days go on. If you know me at ALL -- you KNOW how I've been dying to share that news with the world. I couldn't, but I blogged instead . . . so you'll have a few more insights into our first 12 weeks as the blogs continue.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Love,
Jim, Heather, and Meg (but NOT Santa)

No comments: